Inscrit le: 22 Nov 2010
|Posté le: Lun 22 Nov - 18:32 (2010) Sujet du message: Omnitron Defense System
As the brave adventurers enter the Blackwing Descent, they reach a group of seemingly stone Golems..
However, as they approach the machine fires up and starts bringing some the golems to life.
"Omnitron Defense System Activated..." screeches a machine from somewhere..
The brave adventurers stand there as one golem starts walking around, patrolling the area..
What will they do?
Raid Setup (10 man):
Raid Setup (25 man):
Basically this is a Council fight with a twist. There are 4 council members, only 2 of them are acually active at any one time and they all share the same health pool. 32 million in 10 man, and 100 million in 25 man.
Each one has a 60 second "duration" before shutting down, and a new one spawns every 30 seconds.
Each one also has 3 Unique abilities that they use throughout their time alive.
Handling these abilities while dpsing down the boss(es) is the key to this fight, and everyone needs to be very fast at target switching and staying mobile.
These abilities are numbered.
Number 1 = Ability used often, just adds extra raid healing or awareness.
Number 2 = Ability used quite often, targets random player and requires people to move away from that player, or kill adds etc.
Number 3 = Special shield ability. Used when the next golem spawns (so after 30 seconds, 1/2 way through their "life" cycle).
1. Incineration Security Measure - Does fire damage all over the room, as well as more powerful flame jets around his feet. Don't stand in the fire if you are melee, if you are a tank keep the boss still so he doesnt turn and flame the melee.
2. Acquiring Target - Targets one random raid member and after a few seconds does a frontal cone flamethrower at them for very high damage, healable if prepared on one target, more than that and it gets tricky.
3. Barrier - Absorbs 300k damage, if broken does aoe to everyone in the room for 75k. Be careful! Lasts 10-12 seconds before fading.
1. Chain Lightning - Random target chain lightning, stay spread, low damage with low chains, grouping up can be painful.
2. Lightning Conductor - Debuffs a random raid member and they do heavy aoe damage to anyone near them (RE: Freya).
3. Unstable Shield - When struck, the boss does a heavy damaging aoe attack. Be careful!
1. Arcane Annihilator - Short cast time arcane barrage on random targets, decent damage.
2. Whirlpool - Spawns underneath him, gives everyone standing in it (including boss) bonus damage and mana regen (RE: Iron Council). Move the boss just away from it so melee can make use of the pool, and healers should use it also as it's a long fight.
3. Power Conversion - Whenever he gets hit he gains a stack giving him 20% faster cast speed and 20% more damage, stacks a lot. Spellstealable/Dispellable but still makes Arcane Annihilator hurt A LOT. Be VERY careful!
1. Poison Protocol - Spawns 3 slow moving slimes that target random people and move towards them. If the slimes reach their target they explode for 100k damage and leave a very powerful poison void zone. They are stunnable/rootable/slowable, so be safe and focus them.
2. Chemical Cloud - Targets a random person with a poison cloud that increases damage taken by everyone in it by 50%, including the boss
3. Poison Soaked Shell - Whenever hit by an attack or spell, gives a debuff to whoever hit him with a very powerful poison DoT. This DoT also gives that person's attacks large bursts of nature damage, so some stacks might be good if you lack dps, but be kind to the healers!
Basically switch target to the new one whenever it spawns so as not to trigger any of the golems' shields. Handle the abilities by moving/spreading etc. depending on what is needed, and keep everyone topped.
Tank damage can be quite high, especially when healers have to move, and mana will be an issue, so let healers have first priority on the mana regeneration whirlpools.
There is a single golem when the fight is engaged, and every golem when it spawns will have an energy bar (100/100). Once that energy reaches about 50, the next one will spawn, and when it reaches 0 the next one will spawn and the one with 0 energy will shut down, once again becoming untargettable.
When they get to 50 energy, they cast their "Shield" ability (Ability No.3), which means that DPS will then need to switch to the new target, and tanks even have to stop damaging for a while in most cases as to not stack up/trigger any nasty abilities.
There isnt really much to this fight other than being careful. Simple things like "move away from people if you get X debuff" and "kill Y adds when they spawn".. Alltogether it makes a decent fight in my opinion, because it is very unforgiving if people don't do what they are supposed to.
The hardest part of the fight from my experience was when Arcanotron cast his shield, as I believe it's bugged and DoTs can proc the stacks, meaning that, unless you have like 4 dispellers, he will do some serious hurt for 10 seconds or so, and if he targets the same person twice in a row there is barely any way to save them (arcane bolts doing over 70k damage and he casts them insanely fast with stacks). Apart from that none of the shields were too hard to avoid triggering, but well, theres always when people slack and kaboom! wipe..
First Video: 10 man, <Ensidia>, Hunter PoV
Second Video: 25 man, <Forlorn Legacy>, Holy Paladin PoV.